Sales and Marketing Filters
Now that you've got your engagement minutes 🕑 configured and are seeing consistent quality engagement populating in your system, let's make it work for your team.
Generally speaking, marketers will configure Salesforce Activities (read: outbound activity) just like they would General Activities or Campaigns (inbound/organic), which is great!
... until your sales team gets frustrated 😠 that their dashboard is filled with accounts they've already been talking to, and that all of the engagement is from their activities (emails, calls, meetings). As you can imagine, that's not very helpful to someone trying to fill their pipeline with NEW accounts.
Don't worry 😟, though, we've got your solution using filters! (Yes, users can set a filter as their default view of the data. Yes, instructions are at the bottom of the page).
Setting up the Filters
- Navigate to the Engagio analytics app (https://app.engagio.com/)
- Select an account list
- Choose the engagement tab on the left side of the screen.
- Open the Filter option (top of the page)
- Add this Filter:
- Field: Type
- Operator: Equals
- Criteria: Any of your outbound activities. Salesforce Activities are summarized as "Task" in the filter.
If this doesn't get as specific as you'd like, consider adding an additional filter for:
- Field: Details
- Operator: Contain
- Criteria: Keywords associated with the subject of what you're isolating, like "call"
3. Save this filter by clicking Save and naming your filter something like "Sales Activities"
🚨 THIS filter is meant for isolating outbound behavior. To isolate marketing engagement, flip the Operators so the filters now read: Type DOES NOT EQUAL the same criteria. 🚨
Now that you've saved these filters, make sure you share them! Here's a link to a video on how to do this:
Setting Default Filters
Cool- so, now we've got the filters built. The filters have been saved. Your team can access your filters. What's left?
If your team wants to see this information WITHOUT having to apply a filter, we'll do our best to help 😉 .
- Navigate to our new UI (app.engagio.com/o/admin)
- Apply your "Default Saved Filter"
Don't forget to check your engagement and follow up with engaged accounts!