Cloud Steps: Outreach
The Outreach step in PlayMaker helps you assign a Sequence to an Outreach user to run against a prospect. This integration allows you to easily manage assigning and running Sequences from within Engagio without the need for an Outreach user to sign-into Engagio--letting each team use the most comfortable workflow.
Setting Up Outreach in Engagio
On the Outreach side
You will need to contact Outreach's platform team to complete the set up the Engagio integration.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following template.
We are looking to integrate Engagio with Outreach. I'd like to request a Client Id and Secret for this integration. Please set to the redirect URL for this integration to be "https://app.engagio.com/admin/oauthcallback". Engagio hosts clients separately so I need a Client Id and Secret specific to our instance to be generated.
If you need anything else to complete this set up, let me know and feel free to cc email@example.com as needed.
On the Engagio side
Outreach is a tenant-level integration which an admin will need to set-up.
- Go to Settings > General > Integration.
- Click on the "Create Data Source" button and select Outreach.
- Enter the Client Id and Secret received in the steps above
- Click "Save"
Important Notes About Set-Up:
- We recommend that you log-in with an admin-level Outreach account. Outreach does not differentiate between shared and private Sequences via their API, but admins have access to all Sequences which will mitigate any Sequence restrictions.
Executing the Outreach Step in PlayMaker
This step's purpose is to assign a Sequence to an Outreach user to run.
1. Select a prospect ("To") from the dropdown.
2. Select an Assignee from the dropdown. The Assignee can be any Outreach user including yourself.
3. Select a Sequence from the dropdown. You can use any Team Sequences from this dropdown menu.
4. An Approver is optional.
The Prospect will be added to the appropriate Sequence immediately following the execution of the step.
Important Notes About Outreach:
- If a prospect is already being targeted in another Sequence, you will receive an error stating so and will not be able to complete the step