Opportunity Created Attribution (Campaigns) - LIGHTNING
The only attribution sample dashboard that comes with Dash out of the box is the "Opportunity Created Attribution" dashboard. This is the Lightning view of it:
In order to use this dashboard effectively, make sure you are using Salesforce campaigns.
There is a lot of information in this dashboard. Let's break it down by section in order to understand what it is telling us:
- All Opps Created
This dollar value is pulled directly from the opportunity object's amount field in SFDC. This is the source of truth for the universe of opportunity amount created in the current and previous fiscal year timeframe. We want the Dash data to match this total.
- Opps Created Campaign Influenced
Knowing the total opportunity created universe, we want to know what percentage was influenced by campaigns as tracked by Dash. This chart will show you 1) the overall opportunity value universe tracked by Dash ($6.6M in this example) and 2) the overall amount influenced by campaigns ($340K in this example). You can also see this data trended over time in the next report component to the right:
- Opps Created Campaign Influenced
This component will give you the total Dash has tracked as campaign influenced. This total needs to match the same influenced total in the "Opps Created Campaign Influenced" chart above. In this example, $340K matches $340K shown in the other chart above.
- Opps Created Amount by ChannelThis report component breaks down the total amount influenced by campaigns by the top performing channels (pulled from the Campaign Type field). This allows you to see top performing channels but also validate if your attribution criteria should be altered (e.g. if you see types like "Operational" being captured here, you may want to exclude that in your attribution criteria configuration). Out of the box, we use the Equal Touch model for this chart and all other attribution based charts.
You can also see this same data trended over time in the report component to the right:
- Top Performing Campaign Types and Campaigns
You can see the top 10 performing campaign types in this chart. This is based on the types receiving the highest amount of Equal Touch credit based on the Opportunity Amount.
A similar view is available in this chart. However, this is displaying the top 50 performing campaign names vs. types.
- Avg # of Campaign Touches and People Touched
The "Average # of Campaign Touches" component displays the average number of campaign membership records recorded for each opportunity on average before it is created. The "Average # of People Touched" component displays the average number of unique people with campaign touches prior to opportunity creation. Out of the box, we pay attention to all matched leads to the account and contacts under the account.
- Velocity: First Touch to Opp Created
When viewing this component, think of it as a way to see how long on average it is taking from the first recorded campaign touch to the date of opportunity creation. Your campaign influence timeframe has a big impact on this number. Out of the box, we use a timeframe of 365 days.
- Velocity: Last Touch to Opp Created
We also show the velocity of last touch to opportunity creation date. This velocity captures how long on average it is taking from the most recent recorded campaign touch to the date of opportunity creation.
There are many ways to customize this dashboard. Please feel free to filter, change the date ranges, remove components, or even change the attribution model as needed.