Salesforce Alternative Authentication
When adding Salesforce as an integration, the preferred route is to complete the Salesforce authentication via Salesforce's "OAuth Authentication" method.
If you are unable to use that authentication method for any reason, we support authenticating via a email, password and security token as well.
Step by Step Guide:
This assumes you have completed Step 2 in the Salesforce Setup guide to gather the Consumer Id and Secret
Step 1: Retrieve Username and Password of Salesforce Integration User
Step 2: Retrieve Security Token for the Integration User
- Log in to Salesforce as the user you want Engagio to connect to Salesforce with, your "Sync User"
- Click the drop down button in the upper right corner next to the user's name
- Click My Settings
- From Personal, click Reset My Security Token
- Click Reset Security Token button
- Check your email to retrieve the security token
Step 3: Engagio Admins head over to the Integrations page
Step 4: Click Create Data Source at the bottom of the screen
Step 5: Click the Salesforce Icon
Step 6: Use the Password OAuth Type when setting up the Salesforce Integration
Step 7: Enter all details gathered in the steps above
Step 8: Click Save
Step 9: Return to Step 3 in the Salesforce Setup Guide