Integrating HubSpot and Engagio
There are two ways of getting your HubSpot data into Engagio, you can either connect us directly to HubSpot as a native integration, or you can follow the guides below to learn how to get HubSpot data into Salesforce, and then ultimately Engagio.
Requirements for either method:
- HubSpot Marketing: Professional or Enterprise Subscription
- Salesforce: Enterprise, Unlimited, or Performance Edition
🤔 Do we have to have Salesforce to use Engagio, or is HubSpot enough?
We do require Salesforce, we're all about Account Based Everything and thus use Salesforce accounts to tie everything together.
Native Integration with HubSpot
What you can expect: The integration allows Engagio to report on email events (open, click, forward) and form fills that are tracked via Hubspot.
Step 1: Go to the admin Integrations page, https://app.engagio.com/o/ad/i
Step 2: Click Create New Data Source
Step 3: Click on HubSpot
Step 4: Click Save
Step 5: Log into HubSpot, after that, you did it! 🎉
❗ Things that are good to know:
- We'll start syncing nightly automatically once you save it as a data source
- No website visits whatsoever are passed to Engagio from HubSpot itself -- neither as known, nor as anonymous. Hubspot does not expose any sort of website visit information at all via their API.
- You'll want to edit the default Engagement scores assigned to HubSpot activities
- Check for things that were coming into Salesforce from HubSpot already that might be double counting now
- We expect the initial sync for an average size customer to take about a week, mileage may vary but we're happy to help provides updates and clarity as you need.
Getting HubSpot Data into Salesforce, and then into Engagio
The Big Idea
If you can get your marketing activities into SFDC as either campaigns, activities, or fields on lead, contact, or account objects, we'll make it available within Engagio.
Using HubSpot Workflows, you can get virtually any kind of HubSpot data into SFDC, things like filling out forms are perfect activities to add to SFDC and track within Engagio.
Using HubSpot Workflows
Step 1: Make sure persons within HubSpot are pushed to SFDC
Step 2: Choose between adding HubSpot data into Salesforce as part of a campaign or as an activity, both are discussed below:
Review HubSpot's example Workflow action to add to an SFDC Campaign
👌 Pro-tip: Salesforce Campaigns must be created first before you can add people to it with a HubSpot Workflow.
Installing Engagio's Tracking Pixel to your HubSpot website
Our Engagio Web Tracking pixel needs to be on every single website page. HubSpot provides a "Global Module" that you can add our pixel to make it available on every page.
HubSpot Guide to adding Global Modules
We'd love to be able to better support you and our other customers with cool ways to combine Engagio and HubSpot together.
📨 Email your thoughts over to firstname.lastname@example.org and we might just send you something in return. 😉