Step 2: Obtain Your SFDC Credentials
What we're doing:
Engagio connects to your Salesforce instance through a "Connected App" and a dedicated Salesforce user.
First things first, check out the required permissions:
All good? Let's continue
Create a Connected App in Salesforce
Step 1: Log in to Salesforce as an Admin user.
Step 2: In SFDC Classic, navigate to Setup in the top right.
Step 3: From Setup, click Create | Apps
Step 4: In the Connected Apps section, click New
❗ Connected Apps is at the bottom of the Apps screen, you may need to scroll all the way down to see it.
Step 5: In the Basic Information section:
- Enter "Engagio" as the Connected App Name
- Keep the default API Name, "Engagio"
- Enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" as the Contact Email
Step 6: In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section
- Check Enable OAuth Settings to configure authentication settings.
- Enter "https://app.engagio.com/admin/oauthcallback" as the Callback URL
Add the following OAuth scopes to Selected OAuth Scopes:
- Access and manage your data (api)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
Step 7: Click Save
Step 8: Click Continue in the New Connected App warning page.
Retrieve Consumer Key and Secret from Salesforce
Step 1: Login into Salesforce with the admin user. (skip if you just finished the above step 1)
Step 2: From Setup, click Create | Apps. (skip if you just finished the above step 1)
Step 3: In the Connected Apps section, click the word "Engagio" (not "manage", or "Edit" - skip if you just finished the above step 1)
Step 4: In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section,
- Find Consumer Key
- Find Consumer Secret, click "Click to reveal" to see the secret
📝Note: You're going to want to copy your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret for the next step, adding the integration in Engagio.
Add Data Source to Engagio
Now that we have everything set up, it's time to add the Salesforce Integration in Engagio.
Make sure you have the following ready:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret